WRITING EXCELLENT BRIEFING NOTES
A one-day classroom briefing notes course (open registration) will be offered in Ottawa on November 24, 2017 (alternate date December 8, 2017).
Pricing: $ 745.00 per participant or $ 2,475.00 per group.
8:45 - 9:00 Introduction and Workshop Overview (breakfast provided)
9:00 - 9:45 The Excellent Briefing Note
9:45 - 10:30 Writing Clearly
10:45 - 11:30 The Writing Process
11:30 - 12:00 The Context of your Briefing Note
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch (provided)
1:00 - 2:00 Structure of the Briefing Note
2:00 - 3:15 Writing the Briefing Note -- Group Excercises
3:30 - 4:15 Briefing Note Group Presentations
4:15 - 4:30 Wrap-up -- Key Points
What You Will Learn:
- The purpose and structure of a briefing note
- How to approach and organize a briefing note
- How to write in a clear and concise manner
- How to summarize information
- How tod express the issue succinctly
- How to produce briefing notes that meet departmental requirements
- And more....
Participants will receive a participant notebook as well as useful templates, exercises and writing checklists.
CUSTOMIZED ON-SITE TRAINING
Blackstone Learning Solutions Group understands the challenges facing Canada's public sector. We can quickly and affordably customize a one or two-day training course delivered at your location for up to 22 employees.
Blackstone on-site courses include the following (partial list -- please contact us for other sessions you may require):
- Briefing Notes Writing and Strategic Editing
- Communication and Listening Skills
- Powerful Presentations
- Delivering Effective Oral Briefings
- Team Building/Conflict Resolution
- Writing Well for the Public Sector
- Minute Taking in Government
- Plain Language Writing Techniques
Course duration, teaching objectives and your employees' level of learning help define our customizing techniques. We strongly believe in our proven methodology for creating clear, structured and highly-focused workshops to meet specified training objectives.
Content development experience allows us to focus on specific objectives while providing a positive training experience for your staff. Our knowledge of the public sector in Canada is second to none.
Please contact us for available dates and pricing.
Unable to load GWorkShops (select id,name,date from GWorkShops where SelectCategory='Government Training'order by disporder): Table 'blacksto_bsszymurgycm.GWorkShops' doesn't exist